The Turnhouse Golf Club originally started out as a 9-hole course in 1897 eventually becoming an 18-hole course in 1900 and changing its name from Lothian Golf Club in 1909. The clubhouse has gone through extensive refurbishment and comprises of two floors; the ground floor offering excellent locker and changing facilities with a bar and lounge area which provides a view of the 1st and 18th hole and a place to enjoy a pre/post-round beverage from the extensive range on offer. The course at Turnhouse has evolved over the years beginning life as a 9-hole course in the hills shaped by the natural terrain. Now the 18-hole mature parkland course offers a challenging and enjoyable selection of holes aimed at golfers of all abilities. The course poses little in the way of water hazards instead golfers are tested by the sloping and undulating terrain. The par 4, 10th hole is noted as the biggest test comprising of a sloping uphill par 4 with trouble down the left side, playing to a blind green protected by gorse.