The club was established in 1904 with a nine hole course set on the old Mote Park Estate. In 1991 the members bought an additional 58 acres of land to extend the course to the current 18 holes. Over the years members have endeavored to enhance the course and facilities and today this 18 hole championship course offers members and visitors an enjoyable and challenging round of golf. Mature trees, which once graced Lord Crofton’s estate, have been retained and new trees have been strategically planted, which not only add to the scenic beauty, but challenge the golfer to plan their route from tee to green. There are water features on the first, ninth, twelfth and fourteenth holes which add to the variety of the round. One of the most attractive features of the course is that it caters for all categories of golfers by being forgiving enough for the high handicapper while being sufficiently challenging for the low handicapper or scratch golfer. The course is a formidable par 72 (73 for ladies) with a championship distance of 6067 metres. The clubhouse was rebuilt in in 1996 following a fire and is bright and spacious with full bar and catering facilities. Visitors are always welcome and there is an open day every Monday from April to the end of October. The course is available for societies and classics and there is always a personal touch to ensure that everything runs smoothly on the day and visitors leave with good memories and a desire to return.